About Your Surgery
Online Pre-Admission Process
All patients need to pre-register online as soon as you receive an email or text message saying your surgery has been scheduled. This convenient process gives you an opportunity to complete your demographic and health information on a secure website. Once this is done, our pre-admission nurse will call to review the information with you within a few days of your surgery.
Before Your Surgery
- Be prepared to bring your driver’s license, insurance card(s)
- The Surgery Center will call before your scheduled surgery to discuss any questions and to confirm your appointment time. Be sure to let the staff know of any special needs.
- Do not eat, drink, or use tobacco products after midnight. This also applies if you are having local anesthesia.
- All infants, including those who are breastfed, please bring their bottle or sippy cup.
- Call the Surgery Center if you develop a cold, fever, or respiratory problems prior to your surgery.
- For women of child bearing age, be prepared to provide a urine sample.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home following your surgery and to stay with you for a day. That person needs to stay at the Center during your procedure. They must be over 18 years of age.
Day of Surgery
- Bathe or shower the morning of your surgery to minimize the chance of infection.
- Women should remove all makeup and nail polish
- Wear loose, casual clothing (button up shirts/blouses preferred) and tennis shoes. Loose fitting pants or pajama bottoms are suggested.
- Bring an extra change of clothes
- Leave all valuables at home (jewelry, including piercings)
- Due to space limitations, please limit visitors to two per patient.
- If your child is having surgery, feel free to bring a favorite stuffed animal or security blanket.
- After your surgery you will be moved to our fully equipped recovery room and monitored by our nursing staff until you are ready to go home. Although the time varies, most patients are discharged 1 – 3 hours after surgery.
At Home After Surgery
- Your surgeon will provide post operative instructions regarding diet, medications, and restrictions. In the event of any difficulty, call your surgeon or his answering service.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours after receiving a general anesthestic or pain medication.
- Plan to have someone at home with you for the day.